I believe in building strong local communities, especially by supporting other GREAT local businesses! If you are looking for other services in the Milwaukee area, check out some of the wonderful women listed below. You can also check out other great local businesses at Local First Milwaukee, www.localfirstmke.com.
As a small business owner, a lover of coffee, dance and chocolate, I've got it made. My husband and I own The Nutman Company USA, Inc., Java Dancer Coffee Bar, the Really Cool Gift Shop and Sacred Space Studio. All four business are under one roof. I've been a dancer at heart since I was a little girl. I was so delighted when I found Nia, a wonderfully expressive and powerful fitness fusion dance exercise. I've been teaching Nia for 14 years now and have begun to add other movement modalities to my class offerings (meditation, Reiki, Kai and more). The Nutman business has been in Wisconsin for over 20 years; we are well known in the area. We do fundraisers for many corporations, hospitals and organizations. The Really Cool Gift Shop is an eclectic blend of groovy gifts for the spirit and soul. Java Dancer Coffee Bar is a gathering place for the community, a place to unwind, to meet, to just kick back and enjoy a cup of java.
Kathy is a licensed and certified Massage Therapist, Reiki Master/Teacher, and White Belt Nia Practitioner. Kathy's practice, Integrated Bodywork Inc., is located in Pewaukee, within the Essence Healing Arts Centre. She integrates soft tissue techniques, such as strain-counterstrain, myofascial release, and neuromuscular therapy into her therapeutic massage sessions. Kathy teaches and practices Reiki; her Nia classes are offered at Sacred Space Studio in Hubertus.
I love to read and find insight in a variety of different places. These are some of my favorite books on living a meaningful and authentic life. I highly recommend them!
- I Know I’m In There Somewhere: A Woman’s Guide to Finding Her Inner Voice and Living a Life of Authenticity by Helene G. Brenner, Ph.D.
- Doing Less and Having More: Five Easy Steps for Discovering What You Really Want – and Getting It by Marcia Wieder
- Living La Dolce Vita; Bringing the Passion, Laughter and Serenity of Italy into Your Daily Life by Raeleen D’Agostino Mautner
- The Gift of a Year; How to Achieve the Most Meaningful, Satisfying, and Pleasurable Year of Your Life by Mira Kirshenbaum
- It’s Hard to Make a Difference When You Can’t Find Your Keys; The Seven Step Path to Becoming Truly Organized by Marilyn Paul
- Life By Design by Dr. Rick Kirschner and Dr. Rick Brinkman
- I Could Do Anything If I Only Knew What It Was… by Barbara Sher
- Refuse to Choose! by Barbara Sher
- Before Happiness by Shawn Achor
- The Encore Career Handbook: How to Make A Living And A Difference In The Second Half Of Life by Marci Alboher
- Second-Act Careers by Nancy Collamer, MS
- The Confidence Code by Katty Kay and Claire Shipman